Millet porridge for healthy breakfast
Millet porridge is one more option for healthy breakfast. Our day starts with breakfast. If we want to eat healthy and get energy for the rest of the day, for the breakfast we usually have: oat porridge, cereals, boiled eggs or scrambled eggs, ok, sometimes sandwich. And this menu repeats week after week. So, millet porridge can become a perfect option if you want to add variety for your breakfast menu. About millet benefits, especially, for urban residents I already wrote here.
1 1/4 cups millet
3 cups water
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoons vanilla
8 tablespoons (or more), if you want) raisins or other dried fruits (dates, apricots and so on)
honey or maple syrup for serving (if needed)
1. In a saucepan, combine millet, water, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and raisins.
2. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 35 minutes or till all the liquid absorbed, without stirring.
4. If the millet is cooked to perfection, but liquid is not completely absorbed, cook for 3-5 minutes longer, partially covered.
5. Remove from heat and put into plates.
6. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey (if to your taste it is not enough sweet from dried fruits).
P.S. If you are disposed to sin, I would suggest into already cooked porridge pot, add a slice of butter, then cover the pot, wait a minute until the butter is melted and stir. Enjoy your meal.